6 reasons winter is a great time to think about your fence project
As the weather turns colder, it’s easy to turn our attention away from the outdoors. We spend less time in our yards and let some of our projects linger. But your fence doesn’t need to be one of them. Here’s why:
- Great time to get new fence estimates. During the summer our business is in full swing. We have multiple crews out doing fence installations from New Canaan to Fairfield. Scheduling time for an estimate becomes more challenging. Once winter starts, our time starts to free up, so getting us out to do an estimate is easy to schedule.
- We still install fences during the winter. Winter fence construction is as easy to do in winter as it is in the summer. My crews are the most talented fence installers in Connecticut. That means I need to keep them busy year-round or lose them to other contractors.
- Our prices are better. Since demand drops in Fairfield County for fence lumber and labor in the winter time, we are able to pass those savings on to our customers.
- Less disruption. You use your yard more during the warmer months than the rest of the year. When it’s cold outside we can get the job done while you are warm inside your house. The fence will be ready for you to enjoy as soon as the weather starts getting warmer.
- Fence repairs. Westport, Weston, Darien, Fairfield and all up the coast were hard hit by Tropical Storm Irene and the October Nor’Easter. It’s likely your fence experienced some level of damage. Anastasio Fence repairs fences of all types, even if we didn’t install it. Plus, all the other points above apply to repairs.
- Mailbox posts. So this isn’t really a fence project, but it’s a fact of life in Fairfield County. Snow plows seem to aim for mailbox posts. Did you know it’s a federal law to have a mailbox? We keep an inventory of decorative mailbox posts in stock so we can get your mailbox back in place.
Even though it’s winter, there is no reason to stop your fence project from moving forward. Give us a call today.